home                      open university

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I spy a plumber!

He came out this morning and will return on Friday week to take out bath, sink and radiator, so that we can do the tiling etc. (I wish it had been sooner). For some reason, he says we need, not only a 4 inch plinth underneath our shower - but also a 3 inch x 5 inch boxing in effort around the wall, to the waste. So that means that we'll have to take legs of cupboards and bolt them to the wall ... Not very happy. Goodness knows what else is going to go wrong!

I took this picture of myself today (as you do) to post on the conference, as we were discussing hair and age. Nobody thinks I'm too old to have my hair this length. In fact, nobody thinks that there should be any difference how long your hair is whatever age you are.


Anyway, I think I look very studious! Talking of which, I've finished S194 - and just have the ECA to do (which, actually, isn't all that easy!) I'm a bit disappointed, because it took me to chapter 7 (of 8) to get to anything I hadn't already learnt from previous courses! And now, I have 3 months to hang around doing nothing! Not that I have a clue what course to do next year anyway - it depends on the S330 re*ult. It'll probably be SXN390, therefore. And there are some weird things going on with regard to nuclear waste, at the moment. 'Bribe' for councils to take atom waste and seemingly no geologists involved in deciding on a suitable storage place. Worrying.

No comments: