home                      open university

Friday, May 05, 2006

77% of students oppose boycott

according to the BBC

I'm surprised it's not more than that. Although not affected by the marking boycott (both of my tutors are marking assignments), the S330 mailing has still not been sent out, so I'm forced to study the set book, when I should be studying the next block, which I haven't got yet! It's dead easy though - this biology stuff...


This is the equation for measuring critical depth (ie how far down a population of phytoplankton cells can be mixed until photosynthetic gain is balanced by respiratory losses. The book's full of these little beauties!!

Maybe I shouldn't worry about it though, because the way things are going (the lecturers turned down a 'derisory' offer of 6%), examination papers won't be written, exams won't be taken and nobody will graduate at the end of the year.

No comments: