home                      open university

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Rule Britannia? I think not!

England 1 Paraguay 0. Dire game - two very poor teams. England strolled around like they only had to turn up; Paraguay strolled around not bothering. And there were too few close-ups of Santa Cruz!

Trinidad and Tobago 0 Sweden 0
. This was more like it! But the Swedes left the pitch red-faced after T&T put up a valiant struggle!

Argentina 2 Ivory Coast 1. Even more like it! Argentina are CLASS. Ivory Coast are certainly not walk-overs. Nice football.

Two more postcards this morning! One from Finland and one from Wisconsin. I've now put scans of my Postcrossing cards on here.

Big shock of the day - the return of S330 TMA02 - so quick - I hadn't expected it yet. And 70%. I'm pleased with that! It means I only need to scrape up another 27% from somewhere, to pass the coursework! Tutor thinks I should aim 'beyond a bare pass', as I've shown I can do that by this TMA. He hasn't seen my so far efforts at TMA03 ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought First half of England game was good from England point of view. We didn't capitalise though and Eriksson made a stupid decision with Owen. The referee was a joke. I've posted on both so come comment if you like.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the strange Owen substitution - but that doesn't disguise a mediocre performance!