home                      open university

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

165 898 feared dead

in Metropolis, Tranquility and Auto City, after earthquakes and a vicious (super) eruption from Mt Spur. All the deaths were my fault as I am the new Chief of Emergency Management for Bluebear County. I'm surprised they let me stay on actually, as I killed 310 022 yesterday! :)



Well, the hub has left work (with a golden watch!), the carpet has been laid, the Mt Rainier book arrived and I haven't done a thing for a couple of days! I'm really worried about when (and where) I'm going to get time for study. Maybe some people can manage to think anywhere (like, a lot, I know, do study on the train on the way to work) - but I can't do that - I have to have quiet.

Good news today though, spring's on its way!


Spring is sprung
The grass is ris
I wonder where the birdies is
Some say the bird is on the wing
But that's absurb because
Of course
The wing is on the bird.


Who wrote that?

Oh, and talking of birdies, I saw a new one (for me) on Sunday. A turnstone! Miserable looking thing!

No comments: