home                      open university

Friday, January 27, 2006

Well ....

I typed out my first draft of S330 TMA01, today. So that means I went through 2 whole blocks of mindbogglingly difficult stuff, in, erm, just over 3 weeks. What does that say about my TMA attempt?? I've left notes to myself, throughout - like, "enlarge" and "add diagram?" and "WHAT?"

Well ...
The SXG390 materials (what little there is of them) arrived this morning. I can play with the project plan over the weekend (maybe - let's not forget that the Rock and Gem show is at Newton Abbot Racecourse this weekend - and a nice pair of ammonite bookends beckon; together with a lump of aquamarine in matrix, if not too expensive - and we have to varnish the sides of the stairs). Anyway, I have quite a few links already, and have filed those over on Furl (thanks Bill) and am having a look at RefWorks, as recommended by the course team for reference generation - although I'm beginning to think it might be quicker and simpler to do it myself. And I think I have a title. But I need to talk to my tutor about it first. And he lives in the Republic of Ireland ....

I'm beginning to get so scared of Mt Rainier lahars, that I'm afraid to go there! :)

Well ...
How's about tracking a space suit?



It's a satellite. The Russians have bunged it loose in space. You can track its orbit, by picking up its signal on an FM Radio. See also NASA.

Well ...
I dunno. What next? A nice glass of wine for me, I think!



FirstScience.com!

No comments: