home                      open university

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Shocked!

Visited father this afternoon. Heck, he was barely coherent! I have since been told that the hospital should've prepared us for this first visit. But they didn't even ask who we were when we arrived! One young nurse did suggest that we could ask questions if we wished, but there was no privacy! She did nod in answer to my obviously concerned question, "is it the morphine?" Otherwise, we felt as though we were in the way and were ignored. We didn't even have anywhere to sit!! My youngest brother visited later and only lasted 10 minutes. Hopefully he (father) will be improved tomorrow, though I doubt that he will be ready yet for the fruit, lucozade, hobnob biccies and NEW SCIENTIST I took him in today! :)

No comments: